Research Areas: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computational Social Science, Forecasting, Information Retrieval, Public Policy, Regulation and Sustainability.
I’ve conducted research as part of the data science components of multiple National Science Foundation-funded projects.
My computational work is directed toward law, policy and business applications, including the following recent publications:
- natural language processing of law and policy
- machine learning for predicting and understanding law-making
- computer simulations of trader behavior in prediction markets
- machine learning for forecasting drought globally with remote sensing satellite data
- computational models predicting human cooperation
- machine learning for automatically estimating models of decision-making