Research Areas: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computational Social Science, Forecasting, Information Retrieval, Public Policy, Regulation and Sustainability.
I conducted research as part of the data science components of multiple National Science Foundation-funded projects.
My computational work is directed toward law, policy and business applications, including the following recent publications:
- natural language processing of Presidential documents
- natural language processing of law and policy
- machine learning for predicting and understanding law-making
- computer simulations of trader behavior in prediction markets
- machine learning for forecasting drought globally with remote sensing satellite data
- computational models predicting human cooperation
- machine learning for automatically estimating models of decision-making